Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Bringing in the new

I have decided to give my blog a mini makeover for 2014.  Nothing drastic I'm not really a whiz at these sorts of things just a bit of a spring clean.  A change of template to add some colour, a jiggle around of the sidebar and most drastic of all a title change (though of course the url stays the same).

I started this blog back in 2006. Wow I can hardly believe that I've actually kept this thing going all that time. The format has largely stayed the same, though looking back now my life is in an entirely different and so much better place that it was eight years ago.  And this realisation has inspired my little spring clean, time to jazz things up and make things a little different round here, even if it is just in a small way.

Compared to a lot of the amazing blogs out there I know mine is really rather boring.  I realise that I'm not the most eloquent of writers, I don't travel to the most exotic places, the photographs I share are less than perfect and my crafting endeavours are never going to be as expertly conducted as many out there, but I have fun writing and posting here and that's what counts, right?  That and the fact that I've met some amazing people through blogging and forged some wonderful friendships with folks from all over the world and I think for the most part that is what has always been the biggest inspiration for me to carry on.

Thank you visitors old and new.  I appreciate your each and every visit.  You keep me striving to try and improve things here and make it a nice place to come and spend some time xx

1 comment:

Jane said...

ooo, it's going to take some getting used to. After following your blog for some time, it's just lovely to hear you sounding so much happier