Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Fabric sale

Starting to have a really good spring clean. I have decided this year that I really want to pare back on the stuff I own. I just have too much. Clothes, books, craft stuff, everything really.

Now don't get me wrong I'm definitely never going to be a minimalist.  I love being surrounded by things.  Things make me feel cosy. But over the years and through various house moves I keep lugging round stuff that I just don't need any more. Books I know I'll never read again, clothes that don't fit properly or aren't to my taste, craft stuff that I don't have time to use anymore. Time to be ruthless, I need to simplify.

Starting with my fabric. Tucked away in my cupboard 5 totes of fabric. I wanted to try and half my collection, but wow was it tough to be ruthless.
In the end I have sorted out this little lot to try and rehome ..... boy there will be a lot of ebaying in my future!  Wish me luck (if any of my crafting friends are short of anything email me I might have it and be willing to strike up a deal or trade).

4 comments:

Jane said...

Oh, that looks painful, lol. I am sure it will go to some good homes and will be well used

Unknown said...

Hi - As my work is made using 'recycled' stuff I am always on the look out for additions to my stash - if you like - I could consider taking the lot from you depending on the price - let me know what you think? I rarely get rid of anything - I can usually find a use for most stuff

Kate North said...

I'm always on the lookout for good tonal fabrics - and especially WOW or cream on creams or black on black... Let me know if you have anything that fits the bill...

Kate North said...

(Though if Anna wants the lot, that's fine! It's not like I NEED more fabric..)