Thursday, January 02, 2014

What's in a name

So yesterday found me babbling on about giving my little space here a mini makeover and a name change, but then I went and forgot to actually explain what the name change is all about. I'm blaming that on impeding old age, it'll only be a few years until I'm 40 afterall ;)

If you've been visiting here for a while you'll know that my blog has always been called The Adventures of Angelcat.  When I started up all those years ago I lived in a house in a rapidly expanding market town in the lovely county of Wiltshire in the company of four lovely kitty cats and could never imagine being without pets.  And that's kind of where the inspiration for the name came from.

But time and circumstances change.  I still live in the lovely county of Wiltshire but now I'm in the largest town in the north of the county and I live right in the middle in the Old Town district.  And as heart breaking as it was at the time I had to give up my animals as I'm not allowed to keep them in the building that I live in right now.  It's taken me a while but I've almost gotten used to not having pets in my life. 

I've been in my current home for 10 months now and I love it.  It's been just right for what I need and where I've found myself in life right now.  It's light and bright but at the same time feels really cosy.    It's been a lovely adventure trying to make my mark and inject some of my personality in to the rooms all on a shoe string budget.

I'm on the second floor and one of the things I love the most about my home is the lovely big windows.
These two snaps you might have seen here before, they show views from my living room.
I love being up high and looking out over the roofs of the lovely buildings around.  It's like having the kind of view you might see from a crow's nest ......... and there you have it.

No comments: